Sunday, May 3, 2009

Life's only as complicated as we make it to be


Life is never complicated. We are the ones who choose to make it as complicated as we make it to be.

Technology seems to be one factor where it can involve complication. I thought it was supposed to make life more convenient. It allows me to work while I am traveling, it allows me to do research anywhere anytime. It allows me to be portable.

Yet I don't feel happy. For apparent reasons... I am too caught up with work to be in touch with the things around us.

So today, I put down my work and I look up. I thought I could meet someone's gaze and smile at that someone, just to connect. I only saw peoples' heads bowed, their sight riveted to their NDS, phones and PSPs.

I wonder if that makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment